If you develop with ASP.NET Core 2.0 or later and you are using TempData, you may run into a 400 error saying your request headers is too long. I've recently encountered this while writing a blog post, it happens when I try to preview the post.
ASP.NET Core 2.2 recently came out and the one thing that caught my attention was the new IIS InProcess Hosting Model. I saw the demo during this week's Community Standup and couldn't help but agree that this could be a big help to development efficiency. As web developers we all do build solution and refresh browsers a lot and any improvement to shorten the time between making a change and seeing that change is welcoming.
I've done some enhancements and fixes to the Media Gallery. Now you can drag and drop images directly in Composer and they will be uploaded and inserted in the editor.
Thanks to CKEditor5's new media embed feature, now we can embed in our posts YouTube and Vimeo videos.
Thus far I have a single service in Fan.Blog that handles everything, it's called BlogService. As my code grows this becomes less maintainable, with each new feature I want to add to the blog I have to pile on top of this class, not to mention it's less than ideal if there are others working on the same project and everyone modifies one file. So I wanted to break this giant service class into smaller more focused services.
This release provides the ability to preview a post (issue #208) and other fixes.
I implemented Vuex in my project this week, I'm new to Vuex and this is what I learned. In a Vue app when you need communication between two components, you have the following choices Use events Create your own simple store Use Vuex
Fanray v1.0 was a minimal viable blog, you could only post through a client like the Open Live Writer. The next release builds on v1 and introduces a brand new Admin Panel you can now easily manage your blog's posts, tags, images etc.
This week I got my first PR thanks to Flyznex, he helped fix issue #234 Login has a very slow response and along implemented a better way to verify if a string is a valid email. The issue came up when I found that sometime when I login it took a long time.
It's been a year since v1.0 was released, to be able to release more often I need to put in more effort to issue management and planning. As part of that I want to have a Roadmap that highlights roughly what's coming in the foreseeable future, but first I need a versioning scheme that could work for me.